Child Support Services
Sutter County Child Support is working remotely and by appointment to serve our community.
Effective November 23, 2020 our office hours will be 7:30-5:00 Monday-Thursday and 8:00-5:00 every other Friday. We remain closed every other Friday.
Please contact us by phone, text or email prior to visiting the office. If you do visit our office, we will ask you to call or text us before entering the lobby so we can try resolve your needs remotely. Our call center is also fully operational at (866) 901-3212. You can text Sutter County Child Support at (530) 230-9233.
We are committed to a partnership with parents and guardians to ensure children and families receive financial and medical support. We will work with the community to provide and promote parent involvement through collaborative strategies. We are committed to providing the resources to all parents and the community to ensure that every child receives the support they deserve so that families can meet their goals for raising happy, healthy children.
Regional Leadership Advisory Committee (LAC)
Colusa, Sutter and Yolo Counties, through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), joined their Child Support Departments to create a Regional Child Support Agency (RCSA), effective January 2, 2021. The purpose of regionalization is to effectively administer and deliver Child Support program services to the families in the three jurisdictions. Through the MOU, the Regional Leadership Advisory Committee (LAC) was created and is comprised of a Board of Supervisor and County Administrative Office (CAO) representative from each county. The LAC provides a forum for ongoing direct communication between the Counties and the Regional Director. Staff of the Regional Agency will provide reports to the LAC on topics including budget development and RCSA performance. More information can be found here.
Summary of Services
- Establish parentage, child support and medical coverage.
- Locate non-custodial parents and their assets to enforce courts orders.
- Collect and distribute child and spousal support payments.
- Maintain accounts of payments owed and received.
- Modify court orders when appropriate.
- Enforce child support court orders.
Electronic Income Withholding Order (e-IWO)
Effective May 22, 2013. Now offering eDocuments!
- $35 Fee Information - Video
- Child Support Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- CA Child Support Service
- Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP) Application - English
- Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP) Application - Spanish
- Where Does Your Child Support Go?
- The Secondary Benefits of Paying Child Support
- Help Your Child Support Professional Help You
- Help Your Child Support Professional Help You (Spanish)
- Answering Questions Your Kids Have About Child Support
- Benefits of Working With Child Support Services (CP Version)
- Benefits of Working With Child Support Services (NCP Version)
- How is the Amount of My Child Support Determined?
- Importance of Paying Child Support From the Beginning
- Importance of Paying Child Support From the Beginning (Spanish)
- Medical Support Mystery
Payments can be made directly to:
State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 989067
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9067 Payments can also be made by credit card or electronic funds transfer. A personal identification number is needed for these forms of payment. Receiving Payments:
Parents who receive payments can receive them by Direct Deposit or by Electronic Pay Cards.